I was wrestling with my baby brother when I heard it. The grass stilled and birds quieted. I heard it clearly. The yelps of my Ma. The hoots of my Fa. Shouts and yowls rose up in the breeze.

I threw off my brother and ordered him to "stay down." I crept towards our den. Rabbits were running every which way, swishing the grass. A wall of smoke hit me. Strange smells of death and fire burned my nose.

I have to save Ma and Fa. I thought.

Through the gloom I saw eyes, eyes trained on me. Ringed by red, the broken rose pulsing black, the paws scorched and burned.

The Taken.

I tried to slimmer, but they had already seen me.

"Grab Her!" a coarse voice commanded. It belonged to a female, her ear ripped off.

Plants around us caught on fire, adding to the confusion. I staggered back, the Taken surrounding me. I gave up.

They took me to the Mage. He sat on a black rock, the area covered with dead or dying trees. Smoke layed heavy in the air. Fires burned around, and when he stood up, a crow cawed.

"Well, another skulk caputured." His quiet and mencing voice continued, his stump of a tail tensing. "Is this all you captured?"

Two more Taken stepped forward.  A fox tumbled out in the open.

No, no, no. Not Ma. I thought.

She stood up, glaring at the Mage. He chanted something under his breath. Ma's eyes widened, and she shuddered. Her orange pelt seemed to grow darker, and she whimpered. I watched as a scar began to take shape on her foreleg. The scar of the broken rose.

She fell down, and the Taken dragged her away.

The Mage locked eyes with me. His eyes bored into mine. His chant echoed in my head, his black pelt glaring. Unbearable pain stabed my chest. 

My will I dreamed

I shuddered, watching as the scar of the broken rose traced along my leg. As I slipped out of conscienceness, I thought, I feared.

I was a Taken now.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Maroon

Foxcraft

SpiritAnimals

Wings Of Fire

Fanfics are my thing

I'm sorry.

Wow, I really like where this is going so far! What happened to the brother? Is he gonna cocome back at some point?

• Posted at:

Moonstone

LGBTQ+

PROUD TO BE  ME  

She/he/xie/they/xe/ze

So deep breath in

You're meant for this

Everyone wants to know

If you're the answer they've been searching for.

Beth Crowley "Don't think just run"

I can't reveal!

But he will break through to the main character, saving her and convincing her to try to steal back her will.

• Posted at:

Maroon

Foxcraft

SpiritAnimals

Wings Of Fire

Fanfics are my thing

I'm sorry.

Aw. That's fine, but still, I'm really curious about the brother! :)

• Posted at:

Moonstone

LGBTQ+

PROUD TO BE  ME  

She/he/xie/they/xe/ze

So deep breath in

You're meant for this

Everyone wants to know

If you're the answer they've been searching for.

Beth Crowley "Don't think just run"