I've finally brought myself to making an account, and I wanted to say hello!

Like the rest of you (I am sure), I'm very excited for the third book.  A friend of mine and I actually sat down and had a discussion about the first two books and speculated a bit about some concepts we believe may or could happen in the third.

I'm not going to post the link as it's against the rules, but having created this video has put me in the mood to reach out and see what thoughts some others might have.

If anyone wants to discuss about any topics on speculation regarding the third book or to discuss any topics on the first two, I am certainly up for that.

Thanks for taking the time, I do appreciate it.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Well, it's nice to see a new birth of a Foxcraft account! You share the same interests as me more than other people here, it seems like.

Oh, and I envy your friend that they interested in Foxcraft. Whenever I mention the trilogy to my school friends they make jokes about it sounding like a cringey Minecraft youtube channel. :P

I don't have anything specific about The Mage to talk about right now, (my brain is empty after a long day of river floating) but I'd love to talk about this sometime. The only thing I always feel like talking about is Isla and Siffrin being together. I'm guessing you ship them too?

Oh, and I'm sure that if you asked a mod if you could share the link they would let you. The only reason why they have that rule is to protect us from inappropriate sites. But since the video is completely related to this topic, there wouldn't be a reason to disallow it if they checked it to make sure it's safe?

Welp, I'll see you later.

• Posted at:

A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt

GREETINGS! :D I be Jadeseeker! And my two lovely henchdragons here are Margay and Scattering.

um hi

Hi there! Welcome to the forums!

• Posted at:

Jadeseeker

~ She/Her ~

You are a Dragon Legend!

Margay Scattering Auburn Cottontail Gyrfalcon Canal Malice Distance Darkwatcher

Greetings to you Jadeseeker!  Thanks for the warm welcome, I certainly appreciate it :)

• Posted at:

Heya, thanks for the post!  I wasn't sure if my pretty vague little post would be worthy of attention, but you sure quelled my doubts.  I definitely welcome the opportunity to meet and chat with someone about a topic that delights me, such as a series like Foxcraft with such wonderful characters.

Oh, trust me, I know what you mean about the Foxcraft/Minecraft comparison.  I know I spent some time researching/looking up details about specific characters and the like and I almost always bring up more results related to that mod for Minecraft than anything.  Not that that is a bad thing, but when you're looking for one thing and find another...

Basically, the video my friend and I put together we talked about speculations and the like as to who we think The Mage might turn out to be.  It was pretty neat because neither of us have any real solid evidence for our theories, but we bounced ideas off one another and came up with some curious thoughts on the matter.  I won't go into details now because I'd probably end up writing a novel of detail, but yeah, it's an eat topic of discussion to say the least.

I am a fan of Isla and Siffrin as a pairing as well.  It might not me my primary focus but it is always on the back of my mind.  Though I don't know what to expect of their bond in the future book, it is safe to say that I hope they get to travel together again in the third book and hopefully grow more close in the process.  I feel like he has a lot to teach her and he even has plenty to learn from her as well.

As for the mod and posting the link, that is definitely a thought.  I might need to do a little digging to discover who is and isn't a mod on this forum as I am still pretty new to this site in general.  Honestly, even the username system kind of through me off (I thought it was neat though, choosing two things to generate a username from).  That being said, I might spend some time tomorrow seeing if one of the mods would let me share the link.

Unfortunately the video does contain some mild adult language (certain words are hard to quell when in a discussion about something you are passionate about hehe), so I am not sure how well that'd be appreciated on the site.  I definitely don't want to introduce any of the other readers to something that'd make them uncomfortable.

But yeah, definitely looking forward to book 3, and I hope that the popularity of the series is enough to spark more books within the Foxcraft universe.  That would be a wonderful thing in my opinion.

• Posted at:

Hi Jade! You must be staying up just as late as I am! ...

• Posted at:

A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt

Who's The Mage? Well, it could be possible that Metis is him -I mean... It, but I personally just think that Keeveny would make the most sense... The Mage is the best at pleaching, and he's getting so much power from doing so that he may as well be the Black Fox all together!.. If you get what I mean. Plus, Jana described Keeveny as having "an acid to his tongue" which also seems like the Mage in general.

Oh, and with the Foxcraft-Minecraft thing... Technically Foxcraft is a server instead of a mod, but still...

I'm a little scared, and a little hopeful for Siffrin. I doubt he would've died, it didn't seem like he died, at least Inbali didn't sound like it when I last heard from her. But, if you ever pay much attention to her Instagram, you would've noticed the new Foxcraft alert. To me the picture kind of looks like a teleporter... Which Siffrin would've possibly used to get to the Snowlands. But besides, Isla would've needed someone to teach her the new Foxcraft anyways, and I also have my own theories on how he may have gotten away from the Mage.

The mods? Well, certain mods live on certain forums, but basically Foxcraft's mod mascot is Zach C. Wait, I checked, he's an Admin not a mod. You could try to get his attention, or you could go somewhere else and seek help from a more friendly mod.

Ha, I laughed at the "mild adult language". I have literally never met anyone that is that passionate about Foxcraft! You're already making a good forumer, but yeah, I'm not sure what some people might think about it. ;(

Oh, and about "more Foxcraft books", very sadly, Inbali Iserles strictly implied Foxcraft to be a trilogy. (Although I still don't believe her, it has so much potential! People are already making all types of crazy fanfics) But you never know, maybe she'll announce more books and that the "trilogy" part was only a joke.

That would be wonderful.

• Posted at:

Metis is a good possibility, one I admittedly didn't think about.  Interestingly, my friend and I both figured that because Keeveny would be too "obvious" of a choice, The Mage must be someone we've been introduced to already, which led to a number of wild and sometimes funny accusations as to who The Mage might actually be and not only that, *what* The Mage might actually be--as a concept.  Good stuff :)

Oh, I wasn't aware it was a server dedicated to Foxcraft, I might be thinking of a mod from a number of years back.  That is pretty cool, I honestly didn't realize Foxcraft had such a following that there was a server made dedicated to it, haha.  Very cool.  Almost tempted enough to download Minecraft again and check it out for kicks.

Thanks for mentioning Zach, it gives me a direction to pursue if I decide to go that route.  I appreciate it.

Oh yes, I know now that Inbali stated that The Mage will be the last in the trilogy, but a story/universe can easily continue outside of the original story arc.  I hate using this as an example, but Mass Effect Andromeda has nothing to do with the original Trilogy or characters but still exists in the same universe.  It would be difficult to pick up a Foxcraft book that didn't include the characters we've come to know and love (but perhaps, the main characters could be the offspring of various characters from the original stories, wink, wink xD).  There is a lot of potential there, and as you said, a lot of fanfics and the like, so that is neat to see.

• Posted at:

*Wait* So who did you guys think the Mage is if we already know him?

Welllll... A server dedicated to Foxcraft would have been amazing! But it's not, I'm pretty sure it was founded before Inbali started writing book one. It's more of just like a fox themed Minecraft server. (Fox + Minecraft = Foxcraft!)

As with Zach, glad I could help! (Although I doubt he'll listen to anyone.)

Ohhhh... Ok. *Wink wink* Yeah, offspring could be one way of continuing the universe, but I was thinking more of like a book that follows a specific character. Sort of like the Seekers manga. Maybe there could be a manga (yes, I think it should be a manga) that's completely about Siffrin and what it was like for him being raised by Jana. And maybe there could also be a second manga that follows Haiki, too. I heard someone talking about the possibility of Inbali doing something like that, and I thought that would be cool, so, :P

Oh, and today is the day the Romanian version of Foxcraft comes out! The cover is based off the scene right before Siffrin almost fell off the roof.

• Posted at:

Haha, well, like I said, I could list names of characters we discussed could potentially be The Mage, but in order for it to even have a small chance of making sense I would have to list a lot of points--something that is just so much easier to vocalize (thus the video).  That said, I might share some details if I have a lot of free time on my hands very soon :)

Ah!  Okay, that makes WAY more sense, I thought it was a server dedicated to Foxcraft based on what you said before, but I misunderstood.  It is a server with fox content in Minecraft, which makes much more sense and sounds like what I originally thought it was, hehe.

Oh I would love to see a book or even a manga series that explores Siffrin's early life, or something that branches off to explore Haiki's story a bit.  Yeah, both of those would be something I'd get involved in very quickly.  I adore both characters so that isn't even a question I'd have to think about, hehe.

As for the Romanian version, I do like how each version seems to have a different cover, that is really neat and makes me want to start collecting the international versions if for no other reason than to obtain the covers :)

• Posted at:

Yeah, I sure would like to see your youtube channel! Sounds interesting, with everything that could happen.

I feel like Foxcraft was DESTINED to be a manga!! Plus, there's so much of Siffrin that no one understands! A whole entire book about him would be perfect, a lot could be written. Same with Haiki, although his view should take place during The Mage instead of when his family was pleached.

My favorite cover is probably the Japanese version of The Taken, but I also like the Romanian one because it portrays Siffrin instead of Isla.

What do you think about Haiki?

• Posted at:

Sorry for the super late reply.  After the new book released I pretty much dove right in, and have been super busy since.

A manga of Foxcraft would be entirely up my alley, and I agree on Siffrin.  Easily my favorite character in the series, I kind of want a small series about him and his origin.  A fascinating character with a whole new story to tell if you ask me :D  I also agree on Haiki, he's another one of those characters who are impossible to dislike.

I need to look up these alternative covers now, you have me curious, especially about the Romanian one.

As for Haiki, I mean, I think if anyone put themselves in his situation they would do the same thing.  I don't think of him as a bad character at all, just a submissive individual placed in a desperate situation.

• Posted at: